In the next year, we want to accomplish even more!
Just one year ago, with the help of some friends and our local community, we founded Syrian Volunteers in the Netherlands (SYVNL). From humble beginnings, we’ve made a lot of progress and we would like to share our story with you and some of our plans for the next year. Since arriving in the Netherlands as refugees from one of the biggest humanitarian crises since the Second World War, a group of five Syrian activists – Mohammed Badran, Bakri Hilani, Wael Al Masri, Mohammed Hilani, and Tim Al Naimi – felt the need to be proactive. We wanted to support our new society, fellow Syrians, and refugees.
With this campaign, we want to crowdfund €14.000 in 60 days in order to support more active refugees in 2017:
- Giving 4 trainings to empower and develop the skills of active refugees.
- Developing 12 initiatives by and for refugees with a local, and social cause.
Have a look at some of our active refugee initiatives we supported in 2016 See portfolio!
We created this impact levels to give you an idea how your support is making difference in our cause, but feel free to donate more or less!
- €5: you will support a refugee volunteer with his/her travel costs to do community service.
- €25: you will support a refugee volunteer with his/her travel costs and with a SYVNL t-shirt. This t-shirt represents active refugees and aims to combat refugee stereotypes.
- €50: you will support one of our team of volunteers with their activities and travel costs.
- €500: you will support one of our community training programs of 3 days for 30 participants.
- €1000: you will support an active refugee initiative aims to help other refugees!
By supporting us with €50 and above, you will get a t-shirt also for yourself! To do this, we will ask you to fill here your delivery information via this form.